Abbey House is a primary care, multi-site practice based in Morley, West Yorkshire. Founded in 1977 it now has five practices in:
We offer preventative and routine services to pets, plus the out of hours emergency and critical care service (Leeds Emergency Vets) for both our own clients and those of other local veterinary practices. Three of our branches have full operating and laboratory facilities, and all have on-site dispensaries.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who has an Interest in achieving a relevant advanced nursing qualification. For this role, you must have experience of working in a multidisciplinary (tier 3) Hospital environment and/or with referral specialist and experience of working in an advanced oncology department. You must have knowledge of a wide range of chemotherapy drugs and the relevant health and safety precautions that need to be taken.
You must also be highly experienced in the successful placement of first time i/v catheters ("clean stick") along with good communication skills including experience of in-depth oncology nurse appointments, confident and experienced in small animal anaesthesia and surgery. Knowledge and experience of advanced imaging techniques, plus laparoscopic / arthroscopic investigative procedures is also a must.
- Experience working as a dedicated Oncology Nurse, familiarity with a “palliative care” approach
- Commitment to treating the patient, not just the cancer.
- A full driving license would also be beneficial as you may be required at other practices on occasion
*WE ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM APPLICANTS LOOKING FOR A GENERAL NURSING ROLE*
40 hours per week
Start times between 8 and 9am - 1-hour unpaid lunch, 8-hour shifts
Based at Morley, but may be required to support our branches
1:4 weekends Required to work some Bank holidays
WHAT WE OFFER
• 6.6 weeks holiday and a day off for your
• Generous CPD allowance and up to five days for CPD plus
industry-leading, Linnaeus in house CPD program
• RCVS/VDS membership fees paid
• Linnaeus wellness program
• Pension scheme
• Eyecare vouchers/flu jab
• Cycle to work scheme
• Generous associate discount