Surgery Information / Job Description
£28,000- £31,000 depending on skills and experience,
- Full time role (40hr pw)
- 1:4 weekends (we are flexible on which weekends)
- No OOH duties
- We pay all your professional fees
- Company pension
- 20% off at Pets At Home
Our practice is a growing, small animal clinic looking for a fun, happy, caring and super organised Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team in Dunfermline. You must have a passion for providing excellent preventative healthcare, desire responsibility to support and grow your colleagues, a curiosity for developing your practical dentistry skills, a love for pushing anaesthesia and analgesia to the highest standards and putting our patients first.
We are an established, RCVS&TP accredited small animal practice located within Pets at Home Dunfermline. Our intimate team are looking for someone to slot right in to our tribe where our patients are priority, our clients’ needs are met and crucially, someone who will fit with our philosophy: We look out for, and after, each other as colleagues needs come first. When we do that, everything else falls into place.
Are you super organised, love a list and great at hitting a deadline?
Do you want to provide the highest standards of preventative care to support our clients to ensure their pets remain happy and healthy?
Would you really love to pass on your skills and knowledge to help support the next generation of Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Care Assistants?
Do you still love being a Veterinary Nurse ‘on the ground’ and thrive on getting stuck in?
Do you hate it when things run behind, but love being the one to get things back on track?
Have you been working as a driver of clinical standards within a team but without the recognition?
Would you like the opportunity to carry out a complete oral health assessment including taking full mouth dental radiographs to improve the welfare of patients?
Do you love anaesthesia and analgesia and want to help us to take it to the next level?
- A clinical interest in preventative care, anaesthesia, analgesia, dentistry and in-patient care.
- Built good relationships with colleagues and clients alike (even the difficult ones!)
- Helped colleagues develop their skills and turn their challenges around,
- Helped others to plan their time effectively so that everything runs smoothly and efficiently
- Have successfully tackled difficult issues with colleagues when there have been problems
If this is you then our team, our clients and our patients would love for you to come and join us so, please read on.
We are a fast growing, friendly team situated in Dunfermline, just 25 minutes from Edinburgh. We are looking for a happy, fun and super organised Registered Veterinary Nurse looking to support leading our clinical team and help us to continue to provide our patients with the highest level of care. Our practice is purpose built, air conditioned and fully equipped with what we need to do a great job each day, including;
- Digital x-ray
- Dental x-ray & CR7 digital processor
- Pulse Oximetry/Capnograhy
- Blood pressure machines
- Surgical theatre
- Recently upgraded ultrasonography
- In house biochemistry & haematology
Veterinary Nursing Clinical Support Lead – The Role
- Work closely with our team (three Vets, practice manager/RVN, one sole clinical RVN, four VCA’s and two receptionists) to keep everything structured, organised and make sure we hit deadlines.
- Spend 60% of your time carrying out that clinical work you love including preparing and monitoring anaesthetics, caring for our inpatients, nurse clinics, taking blood samples, placing catheters but with the additional opportunity of training and support to carry out dental radiographs, oral assessment and de-scale and polish.
- Help colleagues develop their skills and champion their successes
- Help colleagues plan their day in line with our practice protocols so we get the job done.
- Ensure clear communication with clients throughout every part of their journey within the practice.
Here’s a bit more detail on key aspects of the role
- You will be responsible for a team of 5 people: One RVN and four VCA’s (one of which is soon to be an SVN)
- You will need to already to be a Clinical Coach or be willing to train to coach our in house SVN’s and also placement students.
- You will lead monthly one to one performance reviews with the team to review their progress, successes and challenges based on their objectives – additional time will be given to plan these.
- You will need to be at the forefront of driving clinical standards, providing training, nurturing others development and implementing improvements with a key focus of anaesthesia and analgesia.
- Taking on responsibility for performing Complete Oral Health assessments (training provided) and the educating of our clients through structuring nurse clinics on the importance of oral health care in our patients.
- You will be working as a practical RVN 60% of the time.
You will be rewarded with a salary of up to £28k - £31k /annum, 4 weeks holiday + additional bank holiday allocation. This is a full time post of 40 hours per week with a weekend rota of just a 1:4 (roughly 1weekend a month). As we need you at the top of your game every day you will not be required to do any OOH duties. The details of the rota can be discussed at interview as we have the option to be flexible. We will also pay all your professional fees, a company pension and you’ll get 20% off at Pets At Home too.
If you’ve read this far, like the sound of our practice then please do get in touch. To submit your application click the apply button.
We can’t wait to hear from you.