We are looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our wonderful team. The role will mainly consist of consulting, working up cases and regular weekly routine surgery days. You will join the other vets on a 4-day a week rota, with 1-in-4 Saturday mornings until 12pm. As a host practice to Vets now there will be no out of hours and very minimal sole charge.
We are a friendly, well established first opinion practice with a highly experienced team of both vets, nurses and receptionists. Located only a short distance from the lovely new forest and from the relaxing coast lines there is plenty to do when not at work. Equipment includes digital x-ray, a modern ultrasound machine, tonopen and full in-house laboratory equipment.
We are looking for a motivated Vet who is dedicated to patient and client care. A team player with good communication skills is essential. A few years’ experience would be preferred, especially in routine surgical procedures. Clinical interests are encouraged and supported with a generous CPD allowance.
Benefits (pro rata):
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1,250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please click the apply button.