We are looking for an official veterinarian to work alongside our team. The successful candidate must hold the OV-P(x) qualification to provide certification for product export. Part time or full-time hours considered, with no weekend or out of hours work. The role will be based primarily in Peterborough but travel between different export locations will be required. We have several other OV-Px Veterinary Surgeons in the practice group to provide support.
Pengelly and Mizen Veterinary Surgeons based in the City of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire are a long-established small animal and equine veterinary practice with an enthusiastic, friendly and supportive team of vets, nurses and receptionists. We have a large and varied caseload as a small animal first opinion practice.
The successful candidate should ideally have experience of Official Veterinarian certification roles though training can be provided for the right candidate. They should be able to work independently off site, but with full support of the practice and colleagues. There is a chance for other veterinary work within the practice. Full driving licence and RCVS registration required.
• Education - Veterinary degree
• RCVS registration or ability to obtain it (MRCVS)
• OCQ (V)-ES, OCQ (V)-EX, OCQ (V)-PX – training can be provided.
• Previous experience preferred but not essential; training can be provided
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
• Driving licence: B category – mandatory
Benefits (pro rata)
· 25 days paid holiday not including bank holidays
· 5 days paid CPD leave
· £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
· Private Medical Insurance
· VDS Membership paid
· BVA Membership paid
· Service based holiday entitlement increases
· Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, surrogacy pay
· Enhanced paternity pay
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· CPD/training support
· Paid bereavement leave
· Company sick pay
· Employee opinion survey
· Free uniform in a number of roles
· Annual pay reviews
· Social events
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Academy & Leadership courses
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please click the apply button.