Exciting opportunity for lead veterinary surgeon in progressive practice with partnership prospects for talented candidate.
Ferring Street Veterinary Surgery is an independent practice, established in 2011. We have grown to become a 6-vet practice providing an exceptional standard of care in a fun team that is still small enough to remain close knit.
We love our practice because of the great atmosphere created by our fantastic team and satisfied clients. Our 20 minute consultations and case continuity allows us to get to know our patients and dedicated clients individually. As a result we feel appreciated and it provides a unique opportunity to develop interests and work up cases with the security of having support available from colleagues with their own certificates and interests in feline medicine, ophthalmology, dentistry, ultrasonography, surgery, ECC, endoscopy and laparoscopy. If you need help identifying that elusive adrenal or want to tackle your first TECA then we have the in-house expertise to help.
- Active involvement in the direction and development of the practice
- Autonomy to make day-to-day decisions to improve systems, processes and client engagement.
- An alternative to the corporate ‘recipe’
- Lead your team of vets with the support of the Director who wants to focus on expanding our ophthalmology service.
- Support others to help them develop their skills and in their career progression.
- Potential to become a Clinical Director with a stake in the business.
You would be our 7th vet, working with 9 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 2 ANAs, 5 receptionists. We have a talented range of staff with the experience to support those developing in their careers and helping to improve the health of the profession.
2 fully equipped coastal surgeries next to the South Downs National Park. Great location for Brighton, Chichester and London.
Every individual matters in our close knit team. Working together through COVID has only strengthened our bonds. We looked after each other both professionally and mentally and continued to provide exceptional care for our clients and patients. We are keeping each other’s spirits high as the pandemic continues to affect our lives. We are proud of our fantastic, caring team.
We respect, appreciate and value our team members. We treat patients as if they were our own pets, with kindness and remembering how much they mean to their families. Our clients trust us and want us to do as much as we can for our patients. Communication and compassion are at the heart of what we do. We are fortunate to have a wealth of in-house talent which means we refer very few cases.
- 20 minute consultations
- 4-day week
- 6 weeks holiday in addition to bank holidays
- No on call
- Weekend rota 1:5
- Good balance of consulting, procedure, administration and operating time
- £1500 CPD budget and encouragement to study towards a Certificate
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Salary £50,000 to £60,000 depending on your skills and what you can bring to the role
- Opportunities for career progression and a financial stake in the business
To submit your application click the apply button.