Our fantastic vet Michael has been lured away to academia, so we are looking for a veterinary surgeon to work alongside our experienced veterinary surgeon at our practice in Uxbridge, West London. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon wishing to progress their career. Would suit confident 2020 grad looking to establish their own clients in a supportive environment. We also have a brand-new ultrasound and with the CT our main hospital, it would be a great role for someone looking to develop their interest in imaging.
Uxbridge is a well-established 2 vet practice with good local amenities, close to Uxbridge town centre. The practice has digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, and in-house blood machines. Support is close by at our main hospital in Northolt complete with CT, imaging suite, and an array of specialists. You will also be supported by an experienced veterinary nursing team and a dedicated receptionist.
- The rota includes either every Friday or Monday off each week (day to be decided), but it means a long weekend every other weekend !
- There is no night work or on call as emergencies are covered by the dedicated OOH team at the Mandeville. Also, be part of the hospital team at this state-of-the-art hospital on a 1:8 Sunday rota.
There is an excellent salary on offer and accommodation if required. In addition, we offer a £2000 and 5-day CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual and the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays)
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Accommodation is available, if needed. Uxbridge is a great place to live and work; well served by the Metropolitan and Piccadilly tube lines and is close to the M40 and M25 motorways and Heathrow airport.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
“I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
“I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens by clicking the telephone number reveal for an informal chat or click the apply button.