Want to be part of a team transforming radiology?
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join us at an exciting time as we transfer our world-leading technology from R&D to manufacture. The specific focus of this role is to exploit our patented technology in veterinary markets starting in the UK.
Clinical imaging helps patients by enabling early and accurate diagnosis. However, 2D x-rays can be inconclusive as they give a fundamentally limited view of 3D subjects. At Adaptix we are helping make enhanced imaging more accessible for patients by delivering truly portable low-cost, low-dose 3D imaging at the point-of-care.
Adaptix has developed a unique 3D imaging system for veterinary clinicians in a highly portable form-factor optimised for use with companion animals. The system is developed to address specific veterinary challenges, with benefits including:
- Low-cost 3D imaging (for instance for suspected occult fractures) in existing radiology rooms, without losing a treatment room, breaking workflow, or having to refer away
- Enabling increasingly prevalent diagnostic procedures such as dental imaging in a way that is faster to complete for clinicians, more affordable for payers, and allow better care of animal patients
In addition to the technological innovation, Adaptix will be going to market with a ‘Pay-per-Study’ offer that will reduce the barrier to adoption and create the opportunity for a number of innovative services based around the data and image analysis.
The system was launched at the British Small Veterinary Association Congress in March 2021 and has already attracted significant market interest.
This role is being created to exploit opportunities in the veterinary industry on a European level by working with Value Added Resellers (VARs). Our target candidate will have a track record of working within a channel environment to take technical products to market together with experience in a commercial role, ideally working with or within the veterinary industry. You have a minimum qualification of a relevant degree which could be in business management, engineering or a physical science (or equivalent experience).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Driving the veterinary business in Europe to high growth and ultimately to profitability using a channel model
- Managing the channel and managing channel conflict, specifically in relation to pricing
- Promoting excellent relationships with customers (both end-users VARs) to ensure market needs are understood
- Conducting commercial negotiations
- Planning and executing the roll-out of our products and services
- Overseeing the post-market support arrangements for products and services
- Seeking further commercial opportunities to exploit the technology Adaptix has developed and is developing for medical markets in the veterinary vertical
- Working with the product management team to develop product definitions for future products that meet customer needs and are consistent with both Adaptix’s technological capabilities and the overall company strategy and resources, along with business cases that justify the necessary investment
- Financial awareness and numeracy
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical and clinical knowledge and work with technical teams
- Awareness of the veterinary market and of radiology and software
- Excellent communication, specifically when coordinating and negotiating with external stakeholders
- Detail focus with the tenacity to see tasks through to their successful completion
- Resourcefulness and ability to find solutions to challenges in a fast-paced, results-driven company
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and de-prioritise to manage competing stakeholder needs
- Ability to work within a fast-moving environment
- Selling software and/or services
- Go-to-Market of new products within a commercial environment
- Working through a channel to take technical products to market
- Conducting commercial negotiations
- Developing and presenting business cases to C-Suite
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working in a regulated industry or other process-driven environment
- International exposure
- Exposure to, and senior contacts within, the veterinary care industry
Further details and how to apply
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) permanent role based in our R&D and commercial facility in Begbroke Science Park, Oxfordshire with regular attendance at this site necessary. This is not a ‘road warrior’ job, but it is expected that you will meet physically with channel partners and end-users in the UK and Europe at their convenience as required to maximise and accelerate opportunities.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for visa applications for this role.
The closing date for applications is 21st May 2021, however should we find a suitable candidate before this date the position may be filled earlier.