Our roving veterinary surgeon role involves working across different practices within the White Cross Vets group in the midlands area, including Birmingham, Northampton and Derby. The role will be for 40 hours per week, over 4 weekdays. Saturdays would not be contracted but will be offered out where needed, for additional pay. Your rota is planned 1 month in advance by our Group CD, or SOS Manager. It is usual that you work for short pre-planned stints at one practice, rather than being called up daily to work at multiple sites. You may, for example be required to cover maternity periods so could be based in one place for longer. The Roving Veterinary Surgeon would be expected to cover at any of our practices in the specified region, and mileage would be paid.
White Cross Vets were established in West Yorkshire in 1937 and have grown to a group of 22 practices. The group has maintained its warm family-like culture in all this time and has won repeated awards, including SPVS Wellbeing Award 2017 and 2018 and Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For (6 years running!). We offer an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary Surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike. You will be RCVS registered with several years post qualification experience working in UK Small Animal practice, with strong communication skills, the ability to work well in a team and a passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service. A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2408.
To submit your application click the apply button.