We are currently looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our friendly team in Gourock, Inverclyde. This is a full-time role working 40 hours a week over 4 days with 1 Saturday morning in 3. There are no out of hours with this role. You will be looking after surgical and medical routine caseloads and developing any personal clinical interests.
We are a well-equipped small animal practice in a recently refurbished premises. We have 3 veterinary surgeons, 4 registered veterinary nurses, 1 animal care assistant, 3 receptionists and one practice administrator. We are in a coastal location, with plenty of opportunities for those keen on a diverse range of outdoor pursuits, and only 30 miles from Glasgow, so there is easy access to galleries, theatres, and cultural events. Our team is friendly, supportive and has a wide range of ages and experience. We have all pulled together well during the pandemic and have adapted as difficulties have been faced and overcome.
Our ideal candidate will be flexible and have broad clinical skills with a desire to develop interests.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2979.
To submit your application click the apply button.