We are currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our small animal practice in Kings Heath, Birmingham. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week with a mixture of lates and earlies between practice opening times of 8:30am -7pm, and a share of Saturdays (8:30am-12:30pm). Time will be given back for Saturday hours, and there are no out of hours. To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about providing high quality clinical care to all pets. You will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. The successful candidate will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That is where White Cross Vets stand out. Our super Kings Heath practice is situated in a popular area of south Birmingham with good access to the city centre and the M5 & M6. Equipped with an ultrasound machine, digital x-ray, and digital dental x-ray. We hold a Bronze Cat Friendly status and work closely with Kings Heath Cat Club.
We have a great team made up of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Veterinary Care Assistants and 4 Client Care Coordinators who all work together to provide a high standard of care in a friendly and supportive environment. We are extremely supportive and always eager to help each other out. The practice is keen to encourage CPD and progression plus learning and developing with support from our two Medicine certificate holders and one Vet working towards their surgery/dental certificate.
As one of the top employers in the UK and SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners 2017 and 2018, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work for (6 years running!), we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. It is an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
We are looking for a highly motivated Registered Veterinary Nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with the team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Experienced in Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
• Generous holiday allowance
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £600 CPD Allowance per annum
• Simply Heath Plan
• VDS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2961.
To submit your application click the apply button.