Veterinary Surgeon required at Ayrton Veterinary Hospital, Whitburn, West Lothian.
If you are passionate about raising clinical standards and providing an excellent client and patient service and strive for continuous improvement then you could be the veterinary surgeon we are looking for! This is a full-time role working 42 hours per week over 5 days with 1:4 out of hours weekends and 1 Out of hours shift during the week.
Our practice is a beautifully light, purpose designed spacious building located between the cultural and historical cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. We have a great team of 3 veterinary surgeons, 4 registered veterinary nurses and 2 animal care assistants. We are a training practice where our registered veterinary nurses are fully utilised with animal care assistant support. We are well equipped with digital x-ray, the latest laboratory equipment and Sevoflurane & Humphrey ADE anaesthesia.
We are looking for someone:
- An excellent communicator
- Wants to contribute to the continuing development of a young Hospital
- Willing to undertake further study
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Confident in providing emergency care in a similar environment
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2940.
To submit your application click the apply button.