We are looking for a confident, experienced veterinary surgeon to join our friendly and supportive team on a full time or part time basis. We have one permanent and one temporary position available. Full time hours are worked across 4 days per week plus a 1 in 8 Saturday and no out of hours.
We are a busy small animal practice with two branches in South Wales. Our facilities include digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopes, ultrasound scanners and laser. Our team consists of 12 vets, 9 nurses and 8 support staff. One of our clinical directors is a medicine certificate holder and another has an interest in orthopaedics. We encourage the discussion of cases between colleagues and our 3 clinical directors are available to offer support.
We are looking for a veterinary surgeon with experience who is able to confidently work through a list of consultations or surgical procedures. In addition to your excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people oriented person, who is willing to support your colleagues.
Benefits (subject to pro rata):
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.