Registered Veterinary Nurse required at Scarsdale Vets, Wollaton.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us on a fixed term contract of approximately 12 months to cover maternity leave. This is a full time role of 41.50 hours per week working between the opening hours of 8.30am at the earliest start to 7pm as the latest finish. There is also one Saturday morning to work in every four weeks. Any OOH work will be covered by our hospital site at Pride Park and this is where your internal training is likely to be held, where we have the UK’s most innovative veterinary equipment.
As a business we take pride in providing outstanding pet healthcare and this role of veterinary nurse enables us to do this at a local level in the community. You will be involved in all theatre and imaging work, anaesthetics, nurse clinics and general stock/maintenance/promotion of practice. We anticipate that your individual clinical knowledge will improve steadily. Our CPD allowance is generous and actively promoted.
We are one of the largest providers of veterinary care locally and our principal site is on Pride Park, Derby, where we provide first opinion treatments plus referral services for our clients and other practices. We have our own dedicated night team. We have 12 local practices who provide quality care, with well-equipped on-site facilities and lots of returning customers who want that friendly team feel. The Wollaton practice is a modern site able to provide a range of surgical procedures in addition to general pet care reviews and informative clinics. It is a modern, well equipped practice with theatre, imaging and lab facilities, as well as bright and spacious consult rooms. We retain a family feel to our sites, and we very much want you to be part of our family.
Required skills and experience:
• Nurse clinic knowledge
• Excellent organisational skills
• Driving licence and own transport
Would be good to have:
• Specialist clinic knowledge
• Interest in nutrition, weight management, preventative healthcare
• Experience of lone working within a practice – able to make own decisions, use initiative etc
• Stock control/ordering
Benefits (pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Job Ref: BH2365
To apply, please click the apply button.