We have an exciting opportunity due to expansion for a veterinary surgeon to join our team here at Cedar Grove. There will be a good daily mixture of surgical procedures, investigations and consultations with this role. There will be a small element of independent working with on calls, which will be supported if required.
Cedar Grove is a progressive Small Animal RCVS Accredited Hospital with significant and growing referral caseload. Excellent surgical, medical and diagnostic facilities to include in house MRI and CT suite. Cedar Grove is situated in affluent South Belfast, a cosmopolitan growing city with much to offer both socially and for outdoor enthusiasts.
Our team at Cedar Grove comprises of 10 vets and 12 nurses supported by a reception team. We are fortunate enough to have a breadth of skills and experience in our team, including a range of Certificate holders across several disciplines.
Our ideal candidate would be veterinary surgeon with previous experience ideally gained in similar small animal practice setting. Confident and proficient surgical skills, all routine surgery plus capable of performing emergency surgery as and when required.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.