We have an exciting opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our team at Rae, Bean and Partners. The role would suit an organised, self-motivated progressive team player preferably with post graduate mixed practice experience. There is no 'normal' day as you would expect in a mixed practice but rotas are fixed so that planning farm visits and maintaining small animal case continuity, including surgery, are easily arranged. Your day however may be interrupted at short notice with the occasional lambing, calving or other emergencies.
• Average 4.5 days per week (34 hours per week) plus on call rota
• 2 Saturday mornings out of 5
• Weekends and nights shared on 1 in 5 rota
• 3.5-day week following weekend on call
• Accommodation possibly available
We are a traditional mixed Yorkshire market town practice dealing will all creatures great and small.
Excellent client care, communication and high clinical standards are paramount in our values. Based in the Vale of York between Harrogate and York there is easy access to the National Parks of The Yorkshire Dales and The Yorkshire Moors. We practice medicine to a high standard on both the large and small animal sectors. To achieve this, we have excellent modern facilities and equipment and we even recently featured in 'The Yorkshire Vet'.
We are a team of 5 full-time and 2 part-time vets some of which are working towards certificates. There is 1 RVN and 5 other experienced support staff who have all been with us for numerous years. As you would expect in a practice of our size we work as a team and support each other wherever possible. Senior staff actively encourage knowledge development and are always available should you require support. Cake baking is also actively encouraged!
We are looking for a veterinary surgeon who is RCVS registered, enthusiastic, friendly, organised and a self-motivated team player preferably with post graduate mixed practice experience. Ideally you will be confident of working independently as sole charge if required, however we are happy to provide support if needed. Good communication skills are essential. We would encourage development of your own ambitious interests.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.