Surgery Information / Job Description
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Head Veterinary Nurse to join us at High Wycombe Vets4Pets! If you are someone who instinctively wants to go that extra mile to provide the best care to your patients, then would could have the role for you.
You will be joining a close knit team of 10 and reporting directly to Partner and Vet Gareth Morris, who qualified from Edinburgh Vet School in 2000. Gareth and the team provide friendly, caring and appropriate healthcare advice and treatment to a high standard. We work incredibly hard to develop good relationships with our clients and their much loved family pets.
We are a busy standalone practice, based on the Amersham Road just outside of High Wycombe’s town centre very near to Hazlemere. Our surgery is purpose built to industry leading standards and has equipment which includes digital x-ray, ultrasound and in house lab.
The ideal Nurse to join us will have the following attributes:
• The ability to respond to clients requests promptly, sensitively
• Able to work well with others and agree common objectives, consider the opinions of others and treat any concerns as important
• Excellent communication skills, with colleagues and clients alike.
• Assertive and tactful
• Personally committed to, and actively works to, continuously improving nursing skills and development within your role
• Takes initiative and uses time and resources effectively, can prioritise workload to manage and complete tasks
• High energy, positive, can-do attitude
• Able to react to complex situations and draw from experience to make sound own decision making
We are looking for a senior candidate who can help lead the team and ensure clinical excellence is maintained as well as bring new ideas to help the nursing team of three, and support them with their development. You will need to be an excellent nurse, a good communicator, a strong leader and have a passion for animal care and welfare. Overall key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the veterinary nurse role, delivering excellent patient and client care. If you are looking to join a warm and friendly team then we would love to hear from you!
This role is full time working 40 hours per week, which includes every other Saturday morning, and no OOHs or Sundays.
We can offer you:
• A lovely and friendly working environment
• Varied caseload with wonderful clients
• Career development opportunities
• Generous CPD allowance
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid memberships
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
To submit your application click the apply button.