We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team on a permanent basis as Head Nurse. The role is full time, 40 hours per week, with 1 in 3 weekends and no OOHs.
This is a great opportunity if you are a Head Nurse seeking a new challenge or an experienced RVN ready to take the next step in your career, as we can provide you with a supportive environment in our experienced team. You’ll be working alongside 4 vets, (once we are fully recruited) with the Clinical Lead Vet having over 15 years of experience, 1 SVN who qualifies this year, 2 VCA (1 due to start as SVN this year) and 5 Client Care Advisors.
We are a dynamic practice who aim to offer a very high standard of care for our patients across a wide range of cases and have a fully equipped practice with a wonderfully loyal client base. Based just minutes from the A2 in East London, we are ideally located close the M25, and benefit from great transport links.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- First line manager responsibilities for members of the nursing team and first point of escalation for any concerns
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Clinical Coaching and support of student nurses (training not essential and will be provided)
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing with excellent customer service and communication skills. You should be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
To submit your application, click the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location: DA15 9JN