We are looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our team here at Bell, Brown and Bentley. You will perform all routine operations confidently, with the ability to run a branch sole charge when required. You must be enthusiastic, hardworking, and work well on your own and within a team. You will work 40-hour weeks split over 4 days, with a day off. We open Saturday mornings 8-12 noon, and our vets work 4 Saturdays in 10 on a rota system.
We are a 100% small animal practice split over 3 branches in Leicester. We currently have 6 full time and 1 part time vet, 6 RVN’s, 3 VCA’s and 2 student nurses. Our vets work closely alongside an experienced nursing team and pride ourselves on providing a high standard of care to our clients and case continuity for our vets.
The successful candidate will have experience working in the UK in a small animal practice. We ask that you are confident in all routine surgeries and investigations as well as having good communication skills with both the team and our clients. Experience with practice management systems would be beneficial. A clean driving licence and access to a car would be essential.
Benefits (pro rata):
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.