Our client is an accredited veterinary hospital/branches within 30 mins of Birmingham, with an award winning team who are looking for an experienced vet to work in the main hospital. The client is an Small Animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15+ vets, including 5 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic Surgery, Medicine, Dermatology and Advanced Veterinary Practice).
The practice pride themselves on being family vets for family pets, have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of their Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of their support staff. Big enough to offer award winning care, facilities, small enough to care for clients and employees, alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to them.
The client is keen to hear from candidates who are in the process of completing a certificate, or have a real desire to start a certificate in the following areas: Imaging, CT, Ultrasound or Medicine. This not only will be encouraged and supported but you will have the full support of the experienced certificate holders already in place already. This is a unique opportunity to join a market leader in veterinary care in the area, who has a multi displinary team in place and can provide a broad exposure to more complex cases, it is rare that these real opportunities come up.
- Salary - The client will not be beaten on salary
- Health Plan
- CPD allowance per annum for relevant external CPD inc BSAVA membership
- Certificate funding when ready
- RCVS/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
In role benefits
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- 4.5-day week (Part time considered)
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week
- Overnight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from their 4 partners
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from their 5 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Weekly in house CPD during normal working hours
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Surgery/case opportunities from across the branches
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Off rota induction programme
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
Rewards and perks (The client will not be beaten on salary)
- Assistance with relocation
- Annual leave of 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
- A rewarding role with a great forward-thinking team, independently voted twice as ‘Best UK Vet’ and ‘Practice of the Year’.
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Long service additional annual leave