Veterinary Surgeon required at Scarsdale Vets, Stapenhill.
With some years’ experience of small animal care, you will have a good working knowledge of core procedures and proven excellent client service skills. Our customers come back to us again and again because they know we care. You will be covering two of our practices in Stapenhill and Stretton (they are just 4 miles apart). Stretton is the smaller of the two sites, you will spend one day a week there consulting followed by the remainder of the week at Stapenhill with an equally shared rota of surgical and consult time. The role is full time, working 4 days per week, but part-time applicants may also fit the needs well so please get in touch if that is something that would suit you. General opening hours are 8am to 7pm with an even balance of early and late finishes with some weekend work. With regular returning customers you will build and enjoy the long-term rapport that is built over time. We offer a full range of services for the pets but where there is an extremely complex case we can rely on the support of the referral team at our Pride Park site. Out of hours services are also provided by Pride Park so are not a requirement for this role.
We are proud to offer outstanding care to pets and their owners in Staffordshire and surrounding areas. As well as having a central hospital with a referral centre and a dedicated night team, we have local practices such as Stapenhill and Stretton that are in the heart of the communities, offering first class care at a convenient location for pet owners. The modern equipment at Stapenhill and Stretton practices include digital x-ray, ultra sound, and dental x-ray. We have two operating theatres plus three consulting rooms so therefore provide an all-round service. Being a local community practice, we have huge drive and determination to offer the best service. We are RCVS accredited for small animal general practice and we have a team of 6 vets supported by a number of qualified and experienced nurses, we also have client care advisors as the first point of contact with our patients and their people. We proactively run many clinics such as weight and behaviour management and puppy training. Working together as a bonded team we visualise you also becoming an integral part of the local community, very trusted to provide the absolute best care and advice available. We are a long-established team and we greatly enjoy working with each other and the environment together.
Required skills and experience:
- Experienced in small animal work
- Great client communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, prioritise and delegate.
- An interest in medicine and imaging
- Commitment to continuous development
Would be good to have:
- Ambition to grow your own practice and build your own base
- Have a relevant veterinary certificate or business-related post-graduate qualification
- A local working knowledge of our competitor practices
Benefits (pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.