Official Veterinarian - Various Locations
Official Veterinarians – the opportunity to start a new veterinary career and life in the UK
Eville & Jones is Europe’s largest independent provider of official veterinary inspection services with proven track record of supporting international vets coming to work in the UK. As an organisation we are committed to supporting each other and acting with integrity and honesty. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great and truly diverse team with vets from over 25 countries.
Our multilingual HR and recruitment teams ensure that all the information you require is clearly expressed in your own language - avoiding the possibility of any misunderstanding. We will also put you in touch with established colleagues from your native country who can offer advice and help you settle into your new role and life in the UK. Our team really understands the importance of this support as most of them experienced it themselves.
We are looking for Official Veterinarians to work in a number of locations across the UK. The role offers an excellent competitive package with a range of benefits including:
- Company car
- Mobile Phone
- Processing the Registration with Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) and covering your membership fee
While no experience is necessary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Native English speakers or IELTS level 5 - 7 for overseas applicants
- Veterinary degree
- Registration with RCVS or eligibility to register
- Category B driving licence
As an Official Veterinarian you will be responsible for the technical leadership and performance of the Eville & Jones onsite inspection team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of food chain information
- Conducting ante-mortem inspection of animals for slaughter
- Verification of animal welfare compliance
- Conducting post mortem inspection and health marking
- Verification of slaughter hygiene standards, FBO traceability systems and food safety management systems
- Assessment of and decision making in relation to food chain information, live animals, animal welfare and meat
The opportunity to work for Europe’s largest independent provider of official veterinary inspection services together with a highly competitive salary and benefits package makes this an exciting opportunity for anyone considering starting a new life and developing their career in the UK. As an organisation whose core values include taking responsibility and supporting each other we are committed to fully assisting new members of our team throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
For more information about a career as an Official Veterinarian and how we will help you settle into a new life in the UK click the apply button.
Apply for Official Veterinarian - Various Locations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly