Independent growing practice looking for small animal vet to continue growing with us.
We're looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join our growing and developing team. 5 years ago we opened a brand new £500k practice and we've just received planning permission for the next stage of our development - a £300k extension and renovation of our other practice. We are dedicated to growing the business, growing our staff all while maintaining the awesome team feel we have.. We currently have 7 vets and 7 RVNs + 1 SVN and a happy, friendly team who do an amazing job.
Our practice is proud to be independent and locally owned and still growing and investing - this role is to provide continued growth coverage and support the gradual retirement of a previous partner. We're proud of the freedom and flexibility being independent gives us.
We're proud of our job offering - a genuine 4 day week with 1 full day off per week (plus more rota'd half days off in lieu of rota'd saturdays) which ends up being <38 hours/week rota with no OOH.
Our ongoing investment and support gives you the potential to grow with us. We have one vet developing their orthopaedic career with a certificate and beginning to take orthopaedic referrals and others focusing on surgery and exotics.
We're looking for a confident vet surgeon with a year or more under their belt looking to take the next step in their career. As we continue to grow, you can develop with us;
- £32,000 for one year qualified, rising with more experience up to £55,000
- 4 day, under 40 hour rota across our two well equipped sites - saturday morning rota with time off in lieu during week.
- No OOH
- 5 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- CPD funded and encouraged - no fixed budget, we're happy to keep providing CPD funding including accommodation/travel for any reasonable things you want
- RCVS, BVA, VDS fees all covered (+one more, SPVS or BSAVA)
- Less experienced vets will be considered - confident new grad? Talk to us about how we could support you with a structured CPD plan and mentoring. We can offer positions with no sole charge working alongside experienced vets only.
Our practices are in the beautiful South Wales valleys - but easily commutable from the exciting and growing city of Cardiff - two of our vets live in Cardiff and commute to our Pontypridd branch in circa ten minutes and large parts of Cardiff can be commuted from in under 20 minutes.
Both of our practices are fully equipped and neither is a 'small branch' - they both have all the usual things you need to do your job - digital radiography, ultrasound, full in-house lab etc. We intend each practice to be be able to work independently - no need to send animals elsewhere if they need treatment which helps with continuity.
If you think you'd be right for us, click the apply button or give us a call and ask for Karen Brewer for a chat about the job. We're also very happy on request to pass on contact details of some of our existing vets for an informal chat if this interests you.