Referral Veterinary Ophthalmologist - Derby
We Want YOU!
Are you an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic, professional, team-playing, caring and progressive veterinary ophthalmologist?
We are looking for ophthalmologists to support our established team. A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike, and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
The ophthalmology team is currently composed of two Ophthalmology diploma holders/RCVS Recognised Specialists, a BSAVA Certificated Practitioner, a BSAVA Certificate clinician in training, and a dedicated Ophthalmology Nurse. A resident role is planned for the future.
We have two fully equipped ophthalmology consultation rooms and a dedicated ophthalmology theatre with Zeiss OPMI Lumera surgical microscope and Bausch & Lomb Stellaris phacoemulsification machine.
Specialists in diagnostic imaging, anaesthesia, medicine, oncology, neurology, exotics, cardiology, dermatology and surgery form an important part of the cross discipline collaborative referral team. Other hospital facilities include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards (including ICU), 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (including digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 3 ultrasound rooms with GE machines including cardiology echo scanner, also a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T HDE MRI), an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills, and dedicated chemotherapy and radio-iodine treatment rooms.
In addition, we have a well-staffed, dedicated night team allowing on-premises 24-hour hospitalisation and intensive medication.
For those interested in equine ophthalmology, there is an equine hospital within the practice and great potential to build on our equine ophthalmology referral service.
Pride Veterinary Centre is a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital located in Derby, UK and collaborates with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals. The hospital is situated in the Pride Park development in amongst amazing sporting arenas and commercial enterprises. The foothills of the Derbyshire Dales offer the opportunity to live and explore idyllic surroundings, whilst having the urban benefits of both Derby and Nottingham cities on the doorstep and an international airport very close-by.
Perks and benefits:
• An excellent salary package commensurate with experience
• £3,000 CPD allowance
• 10 CPD days
• RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions.
• Regular internal CPD, rounds, morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes.
• Pet Health Scheme
• Health Insurance
• 25 days holiday and 8 Bank Holidays for a full time clinician
• Your birthday off
• Death in service cover (4x salary)
• Practice focus on health and wellbeing
• Up to 12 weeks of paid study leave to suit your needs
• ECVO, ACVO or equivalent specialist status (preferable)
• ECVO/ACVO or equivalent residency trained
• Advanced Practitioner status in Ophthalmology
• A full range of extra and intraocular surgical intervention capability
Would be great if you have;
• Peer reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
• Previous experience in teaching
• Interest and experience in newer techniques or procedures which could enhance and expand what is already offered within the service, such as corneal cross-linking, use of lasers in veterinary ophthalmology, placement of suture lenses, endothelial transplants
• Interest and experience in equine ophthalmology
• Interest and experience in exotic ophthalmology
To submit your application click the apply button.
Apply for Referral Veterinary Ophthalmologist - Derby
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly