Veterinary Surgeon - Alvaston, Derbyshire
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join our lovely small animal practice in Alvaston, Derbyshire. You will be providing high quality clinical care to all pets and an outstanding client experience, helping to create and maintain an efficient clinic. There will be a mixture of general surgery and consults each day with minimal sole charge.
Working hours and rota detailed below.
- 4 weekdays (8:00am-7:00pm)
- 1:4 Saturdays (8:00am-12:30pm/5:00pm) time back in lieu
- 40 hours per week (in total)
- No OOH
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners 2017 and 2018, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For (6 years running!) As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates a generous package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work-life balance. It's an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards
We have a great team made up of 3 vets, 4 RVN’s, 2 SVN’s and 4 CCC’s who all work together to provide a high standard of care in a friendly and supportive environment. We have all the usual toys including 2 theatre’s alongside dedicated imaging and dental suites. We were voted a Sunday times best 100 small companies to work for, 6 years in a row and the only veterinary practice to receive a ‘Best companies 3-star rating’.
The ideal candidate will be a RCVS registered veterinary surgeon with some experience, preferably in a similar small animal practice setting. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team are essential. A passion to deliver great clinical quality, caring for pets as if they were your own and a providing a fantastic client service are the standards we strive for.
- Generous holiday allowance
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon - Alvaston, Derbyshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly