Newly Graduated Veterinary Surgeon - Dunfermline
Surgery Information / Job Description
If you’re a friendly, happy, proactive and newly graduated vet we’d love for you to join our team at Vets4Pets Dunfermline
Do you care about people as well as animals?
Are you about to graduate or recently graduated, looking for one-to-one support and driven to develop your career with a team that understands back-to back consults and lack of support is a proven dream killer?
Will you promise to look after yourself so that you’ll be at your best for your patients, clients and your team?
Do you want to future proof your career in a practice with an exceptional net promoter score?
If so, please read on..
Person Specification Responsibilities
- Thoroughly follow all Clinical protocols for common medical presentations and routine preventative consultations
- 30-minute consults until you learn the system and develop confidence with all aspects of a consultation
- Learn and perform basic surgical procedures under one-to-one guidance
- Use on site diagnostic lab equipment, ultrasound and digital xray
- Thoroughly follow all aspects of Customer Service protocols so we maintain our client feedback scores
- Maintain diagnostic ratios to improve clinical outcomes
- Present clients with clear, honest recommendations so they make the right choice for their pets
- Communicate honestly during one-to-one feedback sessions so we can learn your successes and support your challenges
- Make evidence-based decisions
- Learn dental radiography
- Make progress surgically
- Examine all body systems in every patient, every time
- Explain basis for actions and decisions when required
- Effectively gather client data
- Thoroughly complete administrative processes
- Decisions are informed by client interest regardless of finance factor for client
- Contribute to our practice protocols by sharing your thoughts
- Think ahead about diagnosis to minimise risks to patient health
- You take ownership of your own development including CPD
- Are respectful, compassionate and empathetic towards yourself and others
- you accept making mistakes is part of being a great vet, are willing to hold up your hands when you do and learn from them and use them to grow
- Process and high quality are your middle names
- Know that failing is the first attempt in learning
- Recognise that everyone is perfectly capable of screwing up and when things don’t go as planned it simply offers an opportunity to improve
- You think a lunch break is a good idea ( seriously, we think people should stop and eat)
- You are keen to avoid a first job where promises do not live up to reality. You grab opportunities to develop when specialist practitioners visit
- You love a learning environment
- You love working with Idexx lasercyte and catalyst, ultrasonography, digital radiography, surgical theatre, dental unit, and visiting specialists
- You value evidence based on facts
- You enjoy trustful communications with colleagues
- Feedback is your development tool
- You would never wait to be given jobs - there is always something to do or someone else in the team where you can lend support
- You happily share your experience of any learning activities
- You are driven and active
Your rota will be flexible averaging 40 hours a week and will be divided over 4 or 5 days ( whatever your preference). Your starting salary will be £23k/annum. You will never be left in sole charge until we decide together as a team that you are ready. Weekend work will be on a 1:4 rota. There are no OOH duties. All your professional fees will be paid as well as a company pension and discounts in pets at home. You will get 20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays. So, if you have read this far and have a gut feeling this is where you want to kick start your career, then click the apply button.