Veterinary Surgeon - Leeds
5 days left
- Full Time
Tier 3 Hospital Veterinary Surgeon opportunity in Leeds!
A rare opportunity to join one of the leading small animal hospitals in the North of England has arisen and we are keen to hear from vets with an interest in either surgery or medicine. Due to continued expansion, there are several positions to be filled within the main tier 3 hospital or split between the hospital and branch sites (to suit your preference).
All positions are based on a 4-day week and no OOH - which is covered by a dedicated night team (great for both work life balance and case continuity!). We are also open to considering those looking for a part time position.
The hospital itself is situated in the heart of West Yorkshire and has good transport links to both Leeds City Centre and Manchester. It has all the equipment you would expect in a large RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital including: four sterile operating theatres, digital X-ray, CT Scanner, ultrasound Scanners, flexible and rigid endoscopes, on-site laboratory, intensive care unit, oncology suit, dental room, MRI scanner, ophthalmology equipment and much more.
Not only will the successful applicant have access to all of this state-of-the-art equipment, but you will also get to work alongside specialists and certificate holders in various disciplines, including orthopaedic surgery, radiography and ophthalmology.
The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 2 years UK experience and ideally have (or be working towards) a certificate (though this is not essential). More importantly, you must be passionate about providing the highest level of care to your patients and their owners and be able to build good relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary in recognition of previous experience, support and guidance to pursue your own area of interest through CPD and certificate study, a great work life balance and the opportunity to part of a nationally recognised group with an excellent reputation.
If this sound like the sort of job you might be interested in, simply apply below, or contact us for more information.
- Group consisting of tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital and four multi vet branch sites in the surrounding area
- The role can either be 100% hospital based, or some time can be spent in small branch sites if you enjoy working in a smaller team occasionally
- State-of the-art facilities including digital X-ray, CT Scanner, ultrasound Scanners, flexible and rigid endoscopes, on-site laboratory, ophthalmology equipment and much more
- Many certificate holders including orthopaedics, radiography, and ophthalmology
- Full and part time considered
- 4-day week
- No OOH
- 1-in-4 weekends with days off in lieu
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary in recognition of previous experience
- Generous holiday allowance
- Funding and support toward CPD and certificate study
- Professional fees
- Corporate benefits
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience is required
- Ideally you will have, or be working towards, a certificate in medicine or surgery, although this is not essential
- You must be dedicated to providing the highest level of care to your patients
- You enjoy building good relationships with colleagues and clients and enjoy working collaboratively within a team
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon - Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly