Opportunity for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join a well-established independent practice in South Manchester
We are looking for a dedicated small animal vet who is passionate about providing the highest level of care to their patients, to join a well-established and independent practice in Manchester. Situated just south of the M60, there are excellent transport links to both Manchester city centre, the beautiful Cheshire countryside and there is also Manchester airport (perfect for weekends away, made possible by having a 4-day week!).
The practice has recently moved a few doors down from its original site, which was founded over 20 years ago, to a much larger, custom fitted facility. Within the practice are a range of state-of-the-art facilities including In-house laboratory including haematology, biochemistry, Digital x-ray and ultrasound, separate dental, orthopaedic, and routine theatre suites, seven consulting rooms, large prep area, separate cat and dog kennels and much more.
The practice also has an experienced team of 8 vets (many of whom are certificate holders), nurses, receptionists and support staff.
The successful applicant will ideally have 2 years small animal experience, though less will be considered, and be comfortable with routine 1st opinion procedures. More importantly, you must be committed to providing the best outcome for your patients and their owner and enjoy building strong relationships with clients and colleagues and work collaboratively within a team. In return, you will be offered a competitive salary in recognition of previous experience, the opportunity to develop your own area of interest through CPD and certificate study which is funded and encouraged, plus a great work life balance with no out of hours and only 1-in-7 Saturday mornings.
If this sounds like a job you could be interested in, simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Situated in South Manchester
- Proudly independent, Established over 20 years ago
- Larger custom fitted premises
- In-house laboratory, Digital x-ray and ultrasound, Separate dental, orthopaedic and routine theatre suites
- Large prep area, seven consulting rooms. designated cat and dog kennel, separate isolation facility
- Visiting specialists on a weekly basis
- 8 vets (including certificate holders)
- No OOH requirement
- 4-day week with same day off each week
- 1 in 7 Saturday mornings only
Package and Benefits
- CPD and further qualifications actively supported and encouraged
- Competitive salary in recognition of previous experience
- 20 days holiday plus 8 days annual bank holidays
- Other company benefits
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have 2 years veterinary experience in small animal work
- You must be passionate about providing the highest level of care to your patients and enjoy building good relationships with colleagues and clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.