Registered Veterinary Nurse (Full and Part Time) - Aintree
Surgery Information / Job Description
Hours: Full and Part Time
Our Vets4Pets surgery in Aintree are looking for enthusiastic and proactive registered veterinary nurses, one full time and one part time, to join their friendly and experienced team. The practice is located inside Pets at Home on Racecourse Retail Park on Ormskirk Road, close to a great selection of local amenities and less than a mile from Old Roan train station.
You will be joining veterinary surgeon and practice owner Jeanette Allison and as part of her friendly team of 3 vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN, 2 veterinary care assistants, 1 practice manager and 5 client care advisors.
We have full and part time positions available:
Full time position - 40 hours per week with 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 weekends.
Part time position - 20-25 hours per week with 1 in 3 weekends.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities, including nurse consults
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greeting clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
Person Specification You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth,have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike. Student Veterinary Nurses will not be considered. Benefits
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
- Career development due to our varied case load
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid RCVS membership
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
To submit your application click the apply button.