Veterinary Surgeon - Mid Glamorgan, South Wales
Are you looking for a change?
Are you ambitious, dedicated, and committed to high standards with excellent communication skills?
Are you keen to work in a hospital setting dealing with challenging cases but with the support of several 10+ year graduated colleagues?
If so, then we have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic 2+ year graduate to join our forward thinking tight-knit family of 22 small animal vets in beautiful South Wales.
- A busy, long established small animal practice with an RCVS accredited hospital and 5 busy branches
- We see a varied caseload and are lucky enough to have a medicine certificate holder and other colleagues working towards their certificates in cardiology, ophthalmology, medicine, and surgery. Very little is referred.
- Many of our vets have seen practice with us as fresh-faced students and have remained working for us.
- We are an RCVS accredited hospital with 5 other busy branches.
- We have been awarded “outstanding” in 5 separate RCVS rewards.
- We have an amazing, highly skilled, long-serving, friendly team of RVN’s and support staff.
- We hold regular in house CPD and clinical clubs.
- All of the usual equipment including digital radiography, dental radiography, ultrasonography, and a selection of endoscopes.
- We value our team, providing a generous CPD allowance, and we actively encourage further study such as certificates.
- We fund VDS and RCVS membership plus one additional subscription and provide a health plan to all vets.
- A relocation package is available.
- The practice is located near the South Wales coast, nestled between the bright city lights of Cardiff and Swansea, with easy access to the award-winning beaches of the Gower, and the beautiful rolling hills of the Brecon Beacons. Many of our new vets have developed a keen interest in surfing as of recently!
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and willing to learn.
- Someone who can slot into our family, becoming a key member of the team.
- 2+ year graduate looking to develop their skills in a high volume fast paced hospital environment.
- Confident in undertaking consultations, medical investigations, and routine surgical casesbut wanting to take the next steps in their career with the full support and guidance of experienced colleagues.
- Confident with some sole charge branch work.
- See the importance of a healthy work-life balance. You would work an average 4-day week, fairly shared weekend rota and only one week of nights in every 12, alongside a dedicated night nurse, always supported by one of our friendly senior clinicians. Leaving the rest of your evenings and weekends free to enjoy everything this beautiful part of the country has to offer
- 5 weeks holiday in addition to public holidays
If you think you may be what we are looking for and would like to be a part of our progressive and dynamic team then please forward your CV by clicking the apply button.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon - Mid Glamorgan, South Wales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly