Veterinary Surgeon - Kilmarnock
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join our team on a maternity cover contract. You will work a 4-day week (40 hours) and 1 in 4 weekends (Saturday morning only) with time off in lieu. There are no OOH duties with this role. There would be a mixture of consults and theatre time and a few hours each week to cover admin tasks.
- 40-hour week (4x 10 hours days)
- 1 in 4 weekends with TOIL
- No OOH
We are 100% small animal practice on the outskirts of Kilmarnock. We are close to major road networks and an easy commute from South Glasgow. We are a small close-knit team with a passion for excellent client and patient care. We have ISFM Silver level cat friendly accreditation and hold the IVC Patient Safety Award. We have lovely clients with a high percentage of preventative healthcare plans and a good proportion of insured clients. Full IDEXX lab suite in-house, digital x-ray and ultrasound.
The ideal candidate would ideally be very experienced, clinically confident and capable of a wide range of surgical procedures. Ultrasound competence would also be beneficial. There will also be support from our experienced Head Receptionist and Senior Veterinary Nurse. This is a maternity leave cover post with expected duration of 12 months from April 2021.
Benefits (pro rata):
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon - Kilmarnock
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly