Veterinary Surgeon - South Halifax and Huddersfield
In many ways we are a traditional mixed practice and we have a friendly work environment. The majority of our vets have been with us since they were at school and we have a very good level of staff retention.
We work hard as a team to provide the best care we can to our patients and help each other. We have a group of young vets currently who do socialise with each other and provide a lot of support for each other.
There are 28 vets, all with varying degrees of experience and interests. This provides a lot of support and means we can all learn off each other.
We are a genuinely friendly group of people and like to think we have a relaxed but productive work environment.
We have a very varied case load and a lot of equipment. All our branches have on site surgical facilities, x-ray and ultrasound. Our main hospital also has 24 hour staff, 6 consulting rooms, 2 dog wards, 1 cat ward, isolation ward, CT scanner, visiting MRI, 5 surgical theatres, dental suite, exotics ward and an intensive care ward.
We also have a dedicated rehab centre that is vet led, and offer a visiting dermatologist and visiting ultrasound experts for difficult cases.
We are very unlikely to have a situation where our facilities are the reason we have to refer.
- Dedication to high quality first opinion work
- Customer focus - each branch is set up to be the “local practice" for the people in the area. We don't want to be seen as a “group”
- Strong work ethic
- All roles must include on call, it is the only way that we can make sure our staff have a bearable system is by sharing it equally. Currently this equates to 1 in 10 on call
- 4 and a half day week full-time. There is an option to reduce to less days and the salary will drop proportionate with this. Currently we have a mixture of vets working 2 up to 4 and a half days a week. Saturdays and on call remain
- 1 in 3.5 Saturday mornings
- 8.15am - 7pm day
- Half day finishes at 1pm
- Small animal role only (unless the candidate still wants to do a little bit of mixed)
- Excellent communicator
- Good team player
- CPD allowance
- On call bonus - this is on top of the salary, that already includes on call. The bonus is set up as 15% of turnover and is shared on a pro rata basis according to the number of nights on call you have worked that quarter
- Salary - 30-70k
- Can have a car as part of the package. Fuel paid for.
To be able to move forward with your application, please also complete the attached application form and return to email@example.com
To submit your application click the apply button.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon - South Halifax and Huddersfield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly