Veterinary Surgeon - Newport, Shropshire
Veterinary Surgeon required at Bishop Hendry & Edwards Vets, Newport.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon who is confident with routine procedures to join our 2 vets on full time basis. Our rota consists of 40 hours a week and 1:3 Saturday mornings. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player with the freedom to work up their own cases.
We are a single branch practice located on the high street in a small market town with beautiful countryside. We are a busy first opinion practice with very loyal clients and friendly team. We operate in refurbished building with digital -ray, ultrasound, in-house blood machine, dental machine and ECG.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced small veterinary surgeon who enjoys sole in charge and freedom to work out their own cases. We are happy to encourage and support your professional development providing generous CPD budget. Salary depends on experience. We wish to support the candidate’s talent and skills to be able to achieve satisfaction at work.
Benefits (pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.