Registered Veterinary Nurse - Grimsby
5 days left
- Full Time
Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Hours: Permanent, 12 hours on a Saturday, 8am-8pm and either 2 or 3, 8.5 hour days per week (days negotiable).
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
VetFinders are recruiting for one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals, supporting sick, injured and homeless pets and caring for more than 40,000 animals every year through rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a friendly, highly qualified and exceptionally accommodating team at their purpose built, fully equipped hospital, in Grimsby.
- Dispensing medication as instructed by the veterinary surgeon
- Provision of nurse clinics to include vaccination clinics and education of the general public with regard to pet welfare
- Monitoring and administering treatments to patients in kennels and maintaining records.
- Maintaining anaesthesia and surgically assisting the veterinary surgeon in theatre
- Preparing samples in the laboratory for postage and performing some routine laboratory tests
- Assisting the receptionist as required with booking appointments, record keeping, receipt of donations etc.
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers
Out-of-hours work is shared on a rota. Working hours include a paid lunch hour and additional breaks.
You will have good communication and organisational skills and an ability to stay calm under pressure. A caring and enthusiastic attitude is required together with the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary
- VDS paid
- CPD paid
- 4 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Fully qualified veterinary nurse
- Registered with RCVS
- Confident in all aspects of veterinary nursing
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Provision of nursing clinics
- Laboratory skills
- Use of computerised records
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.
Apply for Registered Veterinary Nurse - Grimsby
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly