Principal Lecturer in Veterinary Nursing - Hartpury, Gloucestershire
Principal Lecturer Veterinary Nursing
£41,585 - £51,275 per annum
37 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will take a lead on the development and management of the veterinary nursing post qualification programmes
- Develop and implement a department Research and Knowledge Exchange strategy to align with institutional targets
- Mentor staff to increase scholarly outputs
- Lecture, module lead and supervise student research projects on our veterinary nursing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
You will be joining a dynamic and progressive institution in a department with a team of professionals who are passionate about the delivery and development of our veterinary nursing and equine veterinary nursing programmes.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Catherine Phillips, Head of Department Veterinary Nursing Catherine.Phillips@Hartpury.ac.uk
- You will be a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons or a Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Be qualified to post-graduate level, ideally doctorate level
- Hold a teaching qualification
- Be highly motivated with a commitment to the highest quality of teaching and learning and to the professionalisation of veterinary nursing
- You will have positively contributed to the development of the veterinary nursing profession
- Have significant teaching experience, with research practice being advantageous
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team working skills
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28th February 2021
Interviews will be held on 22nd March 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.