Work Placement Tutor in Veterinary Nursing - Hartpury, Gloucestershire
Veterinary Nursing Placement Tutor
£28,954 – £37,698 per annum (Lecturer Salary Scale)
£36,535 - £43,789 per annum (Senior Lecturer Salary Scale)
37 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will have primary responsibility to act as Placement Tutor for students enrolled on our Veterinary Nursing programmes, preparing them for and supporting them while completing their placement
- Act as the main point of contact for our Veterinary Nursing Training Practices and Placement providers, ensuring compliance with approval criteria
- Monitor and report on placement students’ progress on the Nursing Progress Log
- Undertake veterinary nursing training practice visits throughout the UK, to complete quality assurance and approval activities
- Participation in Clinical Coach Standardisation Meetings and Regulatory body visits and audits
- This role also involves delivery of some theoretical and practical teaching, setting, marking and moderation of student work to contribute to the assessment process as required.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Carly Thornton, Associate Head of Department Veterinary Nursing Carly.Thornton@Hartpury.ac.uk
- You will be an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse or Registered Equine Veterinary Nurse and ideally have experience as a Veterinary Nursing Clinical Coach
- You will ideally possess a degree
- Hold a teaching qualification or be willing to complete one within two years of appointment.
- Be highly motivated with a commitment to the highest quality of teaching, learning and student experience
- You will be highly enthusiastic and professional
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and team working skills
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 28th February, 2021
Interviews will be held on 15th March 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.