Veterinary Surgeon - Godalming, Surrey
We are looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our out of hours team! We operate an OOH service in the evenings and weekends for a small number of practices. You will see less patients than in a typical out of hours position because we aim to give extremely high standards of care. There is back up available for busy times with opportunity for rest breaks and we would expect you to be able to sleep most nights. We cover emergency work covering 12-13 full time vet equivalents.
We are a friendly RCVS accredited small animal hospital with our own dedicated out-of-hours service. We work to extremely high standards of patient care, with separate cat and dog wards, in-house laboratory and laparoscopic equipment. We have been awarded outstanding in all six practice standard awards.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon with strong surgical skills who is used to being in sole charge and is capable of meeting the challenges of an out of hours role. Ideally you will already have had experience working in an out of hours or emergency critical care role and will be committed to offering gold standard care to your patients, clients and partner practices.
Benefits (pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application click the apply button.