Mixed Veterinary Surgeon - Scottish Highlands
Exciting opportunity to join an award-winning mixed practice based in Aberdeenshire, with a senior vet/clinical director position also available for the right candidate.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in a progressive and varied practice in the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Situated in one of the most idyllic parts of the country and with an excellent work/life balance, you'll be given the opportunity to enjoy all that Aberdeenshire has to offer you - this is the perfect opportunity for the outdoor lover.
The ideal person for this role will be a mixed vet who is comfortable with sole charge large animal work for when on call. During the day however, the time you spend working with small and large animals can be split to suit your preference and you will get to work with a team of 12+ experience vets and 6+ nurses.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a close-nit team who love sharing ideas, discussing cases and passing on knowledge to each other. The team have regular case discussions including a 'case of the month'. Learning and development is at the heart of the practice to ensure all patients get the very best.
As one of the few truly mixed practices left in Scotland, over the last few years the practice has been awarded 'The Best Mixed Veterinary Practice in Scotland 2016 award by Global Health and Pharma, 'The best mixed practice in the North East of Scotland 2018' and finalists in the National Vet Awards practice of the year 2018.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary, generous holiday and CPD allowance (including the option to do a certificate), relocation support and a great work/life balance. There is also the opportunity for someone with the right experience and an interest in the managerial aspect of practice life to join as a senior vet or even a clinical director!
- Award-winning truly mixed practice in the Scottish Highlands
- Experienced team of 12+ vets & 6+ nurses
- Friendly and supportive work environment where sharing ideas and teamwork is a big part of the company ethos
- Excellent facilities allowing you to provide the best outcome for patients and their owners
- 4.5 day week (4 if on call at the weekend)
- 8.45am - 5.00pm (7 or 8pm once a fortnight)
- 1 in 9 out of hours rota during week
- 1 in 8 out of hours rota for weekends
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Great work life balance
- 29 days holiday
- CPD allowance and certificate funding if in an area that benefits the practice
- RCVS membership paid
- Relocation support
- Company pension
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Comfortable with sole charge work when on call (support is on hand for rare and complex cases)
- You enjoy working with a team and building strong relationships with colleagues and clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.