Small Animal Vet with optional exotics work - Norfolk
Exciting opportunity to join a well-established independent small animal 1st opinion practice and exotics referral centre based near the Norfolk coast.
A rare opportunity to join one of the best family-run independent practices in Norfolk has arisen. We are looking for a confident veterinary surgeon to join a lovely small and exotic animal, first opinion practice situated just north of Norwich. The practice offers an exotics referral service so an interest in exotics work would be beneficial but not essential. You will have access to some of the best equipment available including the usual endoscopy and x-ray plus laser therapy and even a CT scanner. You will be joining a friendly and experienced 4-vet team with interests in surgery, dentistry and exotics to name a few.
The right person for this job with have a minimum of 18 months experience and be comfortable with routine surgical procedures and enjoy working as part of a team and building strong relationships with clients. In return, the successful applicant will benefit from a having clinical freedom, a varied caseloads and a friendly and supportive working environment, allowing you to develop your career and pursue your interests right up to certificate levels if you wish. You will also receive a competitive salary, a great work-life balance (4-day week with 4 day weekend once a month), and other excellent perks such as Bupa healthcare.
If this sounds like the role for you, simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Independent, family owned, first opinion practice for small and exotic animals
- Purpose built site with excellent facilities including CT Scanner
- Has all the modern veterinary toys, laser therapy, endoscopy, ultrasound, digital x-ray
- Gold Standard Cat and Gold Standard Rabbit accredited!
- Very experienced 4 Vet team with varied interests i.e exotics, dental, surgery etc.
- 4-day week (4 day weekend built into the rota every 3 to 4 weeks)
- 1 in 4 on-call rota (on-site accommodation for staff living further than 20 mins away)
Package and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Excellent opportunity for career development
- CPD and certificate study supported and encouraged
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be RCVS registered to practice in the UK
- Minimum 12 months UK experience
- Must be comfortable working sole charge when on-call
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and building good relationships with clients and colleagues alike
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.