Farm Veterinary Surgeon - Ashbourne, Derbyshire
We are looking for an experienced Farm Vet to join our busy Derbyshire Veterinary Services team. Primarily based at our McMurtry & Harding practice in Ashbourne, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional service to all our clients. We have a diverse range of clients including dairy and beef herds, sheep, goats, deer and some equine. Whether it be scanning, dehorning, fertility testing, heard health management or lambing, every day brings a new opportunity to develop your skills. The current OOH rota is 1:6 weeknights and weekends compensated by a day off in lieu.
Our large purpose-built practice is located on the border between the Peak District and the Staffordshire Moorlands making this role perfect for anyone looking for a truly rural role. We are proud to offer our own out of hours service which enables us to provide the very best animal care and continuity of service. Our team consists of 14 Veterinary Surgeon and 10 Nurses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Farm Veterinary Surgeon. You will ideally have experience within a similar practice. A full driving licence and your own vehicle is essential, mileage will be reimbursed.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
- 25 days paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application click the apply button.
Job Ref: BH1790