Veterinary Surgeon - Blackburn, Lancashire
We have an exciting opportunity at Abbeydale Vets in Blackburn, Lancashire for a full time Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and happy team.
- 4 days per week
- Just 1 in 4 Saturday short days.
- No OOH’s .
- 15 minute consultations.
Here at Abbeydale Vets we are keen to be as flexible as possible and offer a great work life balance. We would consider part time/job sharing.
The practice is RCVS accredited and has excellent facilities including K-Laser, ultrasound, in-house haematology and biochemistry, digital radiography (including dental radiography) and a newly refurbished operating theatre. We see a varied caseload, including some exotics. Having a happy and passionate team is important to us and we are never short of laughs. We are spoilt with location, being within easy reach of Manchester/Liverpool, busy cities but also the quitter, areas of natural beauty of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic small animal Veterinary Surgeon. The ideal candidate will have experience and the ability to work sole charge and perform basic surgery. Further study towards a certificate is encouraged and supported. Good teamwork and clients skills are a must.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application click the apply button.