Rewarding small animal day job - Hong Kong
Our twenty-four hour hospital was established 23 years ago by two Glasgow University graduates, in a traditional area of Hong Kong. We are close to the sea, mountains and country parks, yet only 30 minutes drive to Central.
We are a progressive, well organised, busy, 24 hour hospital aiming to provide the highest standards of care and compassion for all our patients. We have a 50% dog & cat caseload, with 10 full time veterinarians.
Hong Kong is one of the safest cities in the world to live, and has performed well with the COVID-19 crisis, having an extensive testing and quarantine system in place. We have been through our third wave, and although there have been strong and enforced restrictions we have not had lockdowns. The hospital has continued to run fairly normally and smoothly, although we have at times restricted clients per consultation, and limited visiting.
We are looking for:
- an experienced small animal vet with (or who wants to work towards) a further qualification, preferably in Small Animal Medicine, Emergency/ Critical Care or Imaging.
- an enthusiastic, hard working, eager to learn vet, who is a good communicator.
- a happy team member, who will support less experienced vets.
- exceptional facilities and equipment to provide advanced diagnostics on all species including CT and multiple endoscopes, including laparoscopic surgery.
- well equipped in-house lab.
- an awesome nursing team to provide the best care for cases in hospital.
- excellent support from vet nurses and vet assistants in consultation.
- great clients, who mostly support the gold standard recommendations we make.
- base salary: around £ 70,000 per year with production bonus, can reach over 100,000 per year
- two weeks CPD leave with an allowance of around £1 500.00 per year.
- 5 day week with regular weekend work
- annual leave: 20 days plus 12 days public holiday
- Life in an exciting city!
Learn more about us and our team at www.taiwaiexotic.com
We need graduates to be from Hong Kong VSB’s Schedule 1 or 2 Universities, which include UK, USA, Australian, New Zealand and South African graduates. (but not most European universities) in order to register.
Closing date for applications is March 1st 2021