Night Veterinary Surgeon - Dorchester
We are seeking a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join our 24-hr hospital in Dorchester.
This is a permanent full-time role, the shift pattern consists of 7 nights on, 7 nights off, (Monday - Sunday), 7pm - 9am -weekends are included in this pattern.
This role offers a negotiable salary, depending on experience plus £6600 allowance, vehicle or £2500 allowance, £1500 CPD allowance plus 2 days CPD leave, RCVS, VDS and BVNA membership. 18 days annual leave plus bank holidays on top of your weeks off.
We are seeking someone with a passion for emergency and critical care and who thrives on working at gold standard in patient and client care. ECC Certificate holders are preferred but no previous night experience is necessary and we offer the potential to study an ECC certificate, if desired.
We are committed to providing a high quality, good value and honest veterinary service to all pets, both day and night. All our practices share the same software, so you will have access to your patients’ history at all times; case continuity guaranteed!
Skills and Experience
- You must a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS.
- A full drivers' license is required
- At least 2 years UK (or equivalent) veterinary experience with small animals
- Night shift experience is desirable but not essential
- You must be confident working sole charge with support staff, with the ability to make sound clinical judgement.
- Comfortable with all routine procedures
- Good communication skills
- Team player