Clinical Lead and Veterinary Surgeon - East Glasgow
Two exciting opportunities for 2 small animal vets to join a friendly and well established small animal practice in East Glasgow
We are looking for 2 experienced small animal vets (Clinical lead & veterinary surgeon), ideally with a bias toward surgery, to join a modern and progressive practice situated just outside of Glasgow (East). This is an opportunity to join a purpose built, well-equipped standalone practice with a friendly family-like team of 5 vets, 4 nurses and receptionists. You will benefit from a 4-day week, no out-of-hours and very limited weekend work giving you a work-life balance unrivalled anywhere else in the profession.
For the veterinary surgeon role you will ideally have 2+ years’ experience and be comfortable with most routine small animal procedures. For the lead vet role you will ideally have a minimum 5+ years experience, be comfortable with more complex small animal procedures and have an interest in training and mentoring of younger vets. In both positions, you will also be supported with funding and encouragement toward CPD, be exposed to a variety of caseloads and have access to excellent facilities, allowing you to work cases up.
- Small animal 1st opinion
- Purpose built, standalone site
- Really well equipped: Digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, Capnography, blood pressure monitoring, dental facilities, orthopaedic equipment
- Big practice with multiple consult rooms, operating theatres, large prep room, separate cat and dog wards, large reception and waiting area.
- 20 minute consult times
- 5 vets in total
- 4 nurses
- Team of receptionists
- 4-day week
- No OOH
- 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Good annual leave allowance
- Birthday off every year
- CPD funded and encouraged
- Other company perks (discounts etc)
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally have a surgical bias
- For the lead vet position, experience in training and mentoring of less experienced vets is ideal but not essential
- Friendly and proactive attitude to build good relationships with colleagues and clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.