Registered Veterinary Nurse Opportunity - Norway
We are looking for a registered veterinary nurse for our small animal hospital in Fredrikstad, Norway.
Fredrikstad Dyrehospital (Animal Hospital) is one of Norway’s largest and most modern small animal hospitals, providing around the clock emergency care, inpatient facilities, advanced surgeries, and extensive internal medicine diagnostics and treatments.
We can offer a varied, interesting and challenging position for a veterinary nurse. We also highly encourage courses and postgraduate studies, supported by Fredrikstad Dyrehospital. Norwegian language skill is not initially necessary, as almost all our staff speak English. Due to client contact, we require the applicant to partake in a language course in due time, also supported by Fredrikstad Dyrehospital.
We understand moving to another country can be daunting, and we would love to help you in finding the right accommodation for you.
We would like to hear from you who:
- Are a registered veterinary nurse
- Are passionate for veterinary nursing
- Are caring and compassionate for animals and their owners
- Can work well individually, as well as in a team
- Are willing to move to Norway
- Are willing to partake in Norwegian language course eventually
The position will include:
- All veterinary nursing duties, starting off with placements in different areas of the hospital as training
- Admitting, preparing, stabilising, observing and treating small animal patients for planned and emergency procedures
- Participating in clinical evaluations
- Assisting veterinary surgeons in procedures
- General client interaction
- General organising and cleaning
Hours of work:
- Full-time position (37.5hr/week), daytime and evening (lunch break included)
- 4-day week of nightshifts, approx. every (8-12) weeks
- 1:4 Weekends
- 1:3 Christmas, New Year, Easter
What we offer:
- Competitive salary according to Norwegian standards equivalent to £30.000-33.000, depending on experience.
- Evening, night, weekend, and bank holiday working hours are paid at a higher rate than daytime, and will be added on to salary above accordingly
- 5 weeks paid holiday, in addition to Norwegian national holidays
- CPD support
- Staff private medical insurance
- Assistance when registering as veterinary nurse in Norway (Dyrepleier)
- Assistance when finding accommodation
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter by clicking the apply button. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fredrikstad is a pleasant town located in the south-east of Norway. It has surpassed 80,000 inhabitants and is in constant growth. With a pinch of big city atmosphere mixed with a small town feel, a charming, fortified old town (Gamlebyen), and picturesque seaside, Fredrikstad contains everything you might need. A lovely place to both live and grow up in.
Apply for Registered Veterinary Nurse Opportunity - Norway
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly