Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Greater Manchester
You will be joining an experienced team of 3 veterinary surgeons, 3 qualified nurses, auxiliaries, practice manager and an excellent team of receptionists. The recently renovated practice sits at the most northern part of Greater Manchester and is truly integrated into the local community. Most of the clients are insured which will allow you to work with a clinical freedom and follow cases through thoroughly.
The practices itself has recently been renovated and redesigned which has given it a more modern feel, provided more space for clinical equipment and comfort in the practice.
The practice deals with all aspects of small animal veterinary medicine and surgery with facilities and equipment such as:
- Dedicated operating theatre
- 3 consulting rooms
- X-ray and ultrasound facilities
- Dental facilities
- In-house blood testing
- Hygienic and comfortable kennels
- Separate cat ward
- Isolation ward for infectious animals
- Identity microchipping
- Pet passports arranged
- Large adjacent free car park
The ideal person will have a minimum of 12 months UK experience and will be confident with most routine procedures. The position can be either part time or full time with commitments from 3 to 4.5 days a week with a 1:3 Saturday mornings, there would be no OOH or on call with emergencies being covered by Pet Medics.
Your daily work will consist of consultations and surgery which is equally split amongst the team. Clinical interests are always welcomed and will be encouraged through a generous CPD allowance and even certificates.
The current rota is a Monday to Friday starting at 8:45am to 6:00pm with a 1:3 Saturday mornings 9:30am to 12:00pm. The working week is negotiable and can accommodate a 3 to 4.5 day working week dependent on experience. 4.5 days would be preferable!
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary ( up to £50k per annum based on experience)
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous CPD allowance (In house and external)
- Certificates actively encouraged and supported
- All professional fees covered (RCVS, VDS and one other professional body)
- Pension and health scheme
- Sickness pay
- Uniforms provided
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You bust be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 years experience in small animal practice
- Friendly and able to build good relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
To find out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button and fill out your information. A confirmation of your application will be sent to the consultant looking after this role who will get in contact with you at an appropriate time to share further details.
All communication will be in the strictest of confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to anyone unless you give us your express permission.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Apply for Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Greater Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly