Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - East Cambridgeshire
An opportunity to join one of the few independent small animal practices left in the South East of England has arisen. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established family run practice in East Cambridgeshire and work alongside a team of very experienced veterinary surgeons and nurses. The practice has two sites a short distance apart, both highly equipped with modern facilities including ultrasound, ECG, digital x-ray, in-house lab and surgical tools for complicated soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures. The role will be based at one practice so travel between the two is not required.
Located a short distance from both Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds, the location is perfect for someone looking for a rurally based practice, with good transport links to bigger cities. You will be joining a team of 7 highly experienced vets and 10 equally experienced nurses and will be supported by a dedicated practice management and receptionist team.
The ideal person for this role will have 2+ years' experience in small animal practice and be comfortable with routine surgical procedures and occasional sole charge work. In return you will benefit from a good work life balance with a flexible rota and no out of hours. Weekend requirements are 1 in 2 Saturday mornings only (9am-12pm). You will also be offered a generous package with competitive salary, good holiday and CPD allowance (including certificate study for the right person) and professional membership fees paid for.
If this sound like the perfect role for you, simply apply below or contact us for more info.
- Lovely independently owned, 1st opinion small animal practice
- 2 sites
- Both sites have 2 consult rooms, 1 operations theatre, reception and waiting area
- 7 vets and 10 nurses - very experienced team, many of which have 20+ years' experience
Both sites equipped with:
- Blood pressure monitor
- Digital radiography
- Ultrasound (at one branch only)
- In-house laboratory
- Surgical equipment for complicated soft tissue surgery and orthopaedics
- Modern anaesthetic equipment
- ECG and pulse oximetric (blood oxygen) measurements
- Ultrasonic dental descaler, drill and polisher
- Special dental equipment for rabbits
- Flexible (can be 3, 4 or 5 days a week and anything in between)
- Typical day is either 8:30am - 6pm, or 9am - 6:30pm
- No OOH except for if a nurse caring for in-patients needs assistance with a case a vet has a particular involvement in
- 1 in 2 Saturday: 9am-12pm
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Good CPD allowance
- Certificate funding for the right person
- Professional fees paid for
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have 2 years UK experience in small animal practice
- You must have a friendly and proactive attitude and enjoy building good relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
To find out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button and fill out your information. A confirmation of your application will be sent to the consultant looking after this role who will get in contact with you at an appropriate time to share further details.
All communication will be in the strictest of confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to anyone unless you give us your express permission.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Apply for Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - East Cambridgeshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly