Night Nurse RVN - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Are you a Registered Veterinary Nurse looking to take the next step in your career? Are you keen to work with a supportive and welcoming team? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Calder Vets is a long established first opinion, small animal practice, with our central hospital in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We also have 11 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from our sister referral hospital, Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our Dewsbury hospital night team. This role would suit an experienced RVN with a keen interest in emergency and critical care. You will work on a 5 on, 5 off rota and each shift is staffed by one of our three dedicated night vets, yourself and one of our SVN’s. As part of our night team not only will you care for any emergency cases that arise through the night, but you’ll also offer exceptional care and support to our existing inpatients.
You will either already have or be willing to study towards the Vets Now Emergency & Critical Care Certificate.
This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop both their nursing and leadership skills through:
- Assisting with the care of patients
- Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials
- Identifying areas of development and having the drive to be a part of seeing those through
- Supporting our SVN’s through their training by teaching and guiding them in evidence based veterinary care
- Taking ownership of the running of the shift and ensuring appropriate prioritisation and delegation to achieve the best outcomes for our patients
Our Dewsbury Hospital is a short distance from the M1 and M62, easily accessible from outside of the local area. We have excellent facilities including on site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients.
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants.
In return, we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- CPD allowance
- Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
If would like an informal chat with please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply for the role, send a copy of your CV and cover letter by clicking the apply button.
Apply for Night Nurse RVN - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly