Head Registered Veterinary Nurse - Highgate
Medivet Highgate are currently seeking a head veterinary nurse to join, and lead, their nursing team; consisting of 1 other SVN and a part time client care assistant.
You will be involved in all aspects of nursing. Previous experience working in a small animal practice is required. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice.
You will be working 40 hours per week with the standard 1 in 6 weekend shifts (with time back in lieu), as well as a fair share of bank holiday and on call.
This role offers a salary of £27,573 - £28,635 per annum dependent on experience, £300 CPD allowance plus 2 days CPD leave and in-house CPD available, ongoing training is provided as relevant to your role, RCVS and VDS fees paid, 25 days paid annual leave, exclusive company discounts and rewards.
You will be in a friendly, supportive environment within a rewarding role. We encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to help our Medivet community achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- Registered Veterinary Nurse as defined by RCVS
- English language skills
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven empathy with patients and clients
- Demonstrate initiative in patient welfare
- Understand duties that may and may not be undertaken by PCA’s or student nurses.
- Driving licence
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team and lead a team
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Medivet Highgate is a 1 Vet 2 nurse branch that has a lovely Pet Shop, 2 consult rooms, prep, theatre and a lovely back garden.