Veterinary Surgeon - Newry, Co. Down
In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop and manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced mixed / small animal practice veterinary surgeon to join the Regulatory and R&D teams, both as a veterinary adviser and clinical veterinary surgeon.
The successful candidate will be involved in clinical trials as part of an innovative pharmaceutical development programme, in addition to sharing responsibility for the clinical care of a number of species, both small and large animals, at Norbrook’s clinical research facility. They will also be involved in Pharmacovigilance processes under the guidance of the QPPV and in line with global legislation. Other duties would include the provision of technical support to the sales and marketing teams, as well as dealing with customer queries.
This opportunity offers an extremely varied workload and would suit an individual wishing to pursue an exciting career in veterinary pharmacovigilance and / or veterinary pharmaceutical research.
- Conducting clinical trials as part of an innovative pharmaceutical development programme;
- Shared responsibility for the clinical care of a number of species, both small and large animals;
- Involvement in Pharmacovigilance including investigation and reporting of adverse events;
- People management with responsibility for a number of animal technicians;
- Provision of technical support to the sales and marketing teams;
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Degree registerable with RCVS
- 2 years’ experience in mixed / small animal practice
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with previous working experience of Microsoft Office
- Previous regulatory experience particularly in Veterinary Pharmacovigilance
- 1 years’ experience as a line manager with management experience
- Good presentational skills
Duration: Full-time, permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary attractive
- Free life assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave
- Wedding leave
- Employee well-being initiatives
- Healthcare plan
- Company sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- On-site free parking
- Canteen facilities
- Employee perks scheme
- Discounted car insurance
- Annual employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Contact: The Human Resources Department
NOTE: Shortlisted applicants should be available for interview before 19th December.
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.
To submit your application click the apply button.