Night Veterinary Surgeon - Dorchester
We are seeking a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join our 24-hr hospital in Dorchester.
The night team is made up of one Night Vet and Night Nurse, with additional support from our wider team of on-call vets/nurses, if required.
This is a permanent full time role, the shift pattern consists of 7 nights on, 7 nights off, (Monday - Sunday), 7pm - 9am -weekends are included in this pattern.
We are committed to providing a high quality, good value and honest veterinary service to all pets, both day and night. All our practices share the same software, so you will have access to your patients’ history at all times; case continuity guaranteed!
We are seeking someone with a passion for emergency and critical care and who thrives on working at gold standard in patient and client care. ECC Certificate holders are preferred but no previous night experience is necessary and we offer the potential to study an ECC certificate, if desired.
Skills and experience:
- You must be a veterinary surgeon who is registered with the RCVS.
- A full drivers license is required
- At least 2 years UK (or equivalent) veterinary experience with small animals
- Night shift experience is desirable but not essential
- You must be confident working sole charge with support staff, with the ability to make sound clinical judgement
- Comfortable with all routine procedures
- Good communication skills
- Team player